Thomas Bradbury & Sons were silversmiths and Sheffield Plate makers based in Sheffield, active between 1795 and 1943.
The partnership between Thomas Bradbury, Thomas Watson and James Fenton was formed in 1795 under the name of Watson & Co. They were registered as silversmiths and Sheffield Plate makers. The son of Thomas Bradbury (Thomas II) and the nephew of Thomas Watson (William Watson) were taken into the partnership.
In 1831, William Watson retired and the firm became Thomas Bradbury & Son. The firm had Sheffield workshops and a London showroom. The firm became Thomas Bradbury & Sons in 1855, and the sons of Thomas Bradbury II (Joseph and Edward) took over.
By 1877, the partners were Thomas Bradbury III (brother of Joseph) and John Sutherland Henderson. This partnership was dissolved in 1888 and the firm went on to be managed by Walton Turner Bradbury and the two sons of Joseph Bradbury (Sr.) Joseph (Jr.) and Frederick. Frederick wrote a book entitled "A History of Old Sheffield Plate" in 1912.
The business registered as a limited company in 1905 as Thomas Bradbury & Sons Ltd. It ceased trading in 1943 and their tools and dies were bought by Atkin Brothers.