Keith & Co. were a London based silversmith located in City Road, London. Founded in 1824 by John Keith, the firm operated for over a hundred years. There was an interruption between 1868 and 1874 when his son (John James) and his employees worked at Cox & Sons.
They made silverware for the Ecclesiological Society from 1843, which had a major influence on the development on church architecture and fitting during the period. Unfortunately, complaints about Keith’s quality from the Society meant another maker had to be used and Keith’s was forced into bankruptcy.
The firm attended the London exhibitions in 1851, 1862 and in 1871, now under the auspices of Cos & Sons, John Keith was awarded a medal for silver designed by Talbert.
John Keith’s son, John James, later became a partner of Cox, Son & Buckley.