James Thredder Son & Co, whose business appears to have been established by James Thredder who in 1852 is listed as a custom house agent at 12, Harp Lane, Lower Thames Street. In 15.6. 1889, when Edwin Thompson Bryant registered a first mark on behalf of the firm, James Thredder, Son & Co are listed at 25, Great Tower Street, EC where they remained until 1892. In 1893 they are listed at 73, 74 & 75 Lower Thames Street, EC.
For items of silver bearing E. T. Bryant’s mark on behalf of James Thredder , Son & Co as importers , see a pair of silver-mounted glass decanters and a liqueur glass holder, London, 1889, maker’s mark of K. Kurz of Kesselstadt, Germany , retailed by Edward Tessier, jeweller etc, of 26, New Bond Street , W1, a miniature die-stamped table, London , 1902, also K. Kurz, a French powder box, London , 1896engraved; “Tiffany et Co “ as retailers, a model of a partridge, London, 1891, further struck with the makers’ mark AF/FP in a shield, four plique-a-jour spoons, London, 1891, maker’s mark of G.A. Scheid of Vienna, retailed by James Crichton & Co, goldsmiths of 47, George Street, Edinburgh and singing bird box, London , 1911 probably of German manufacture