William Peaston was a London based goldsmith who entered his first mark as a large worker in 1746. He went into partnership with Robert Peaston in 1756, and they entered a second mark together. The partnership appears to have lasted until 1763. William is recorded as working at St. Martin’s Le Grande between 1745 and 1760. Then moving to Jewin Street, where he is recorded as being in 1778.The majority of his work seems to be the making of fine quality salvers .