Son of Biles Cafe of the parish of Blackford in the County of Somerset yeoman. Apprenticed to James Gould, 15 December 1730.
Free, 5 March 1740. Livery, September 1746. First mark entered as largeworker, 21 August 1740. Address: Foster Lane. Moved to Carey Lane, 13 April 1741. Second mark, 13 December 1742, 'the old being broke'. Moved to Gutter Lane, 31 May 1743.
Dead by 13 October 1757, when his apprentices Thomas Hannam and John Perry were turned over, by consent of his executor John Winning, to William Cafe.