George Nathan and Ridley Hayes were silversmiths who entered their first joint mark in 1897 in Birmingham. They were particularly known for their Arts & Crafts interpretation of early English silver - producing tea sets and caddies, bowls, baskets and desk sets. They traded under the name Nathan & Hayes and had premises in both Birmingham and Hatton Gardens in London. Hayes ceased to appear in records in 1912, but the firm continued trading as Nathan & Hayes. They were bought by S Blanckensee & Sons.