Worked for James Thredder Son & Co, whose business appears to have been established by James Thredder, who in 1852, is listed as a custom house agent at 12, Harp Lane, Lower Thames Street. In 1889, when Edwin Thompson Bryant registered a first mark on behalf of the firm, James Thredder, Son & Co are listed at 25 Great Tower Street, EC where they remained until 1892. In 1893, they are listed at 73, 74 & 75 Lower Thames Street, EC.
For items of silver bearing E. T. Bryant’s mark on behalf of James Thredder, Son & Co as importers, see a pair of silver-mounted glass decanters and a liqueur glass holder, London, 1889, maker’s mark of K. Kurz of Kesselstadt, Germany, retailed by Edward Tessier, jeweller etc. of 26 New Bond Street, W1, a miniature die-stamped table, London 1902, also K. Kurz, a French powder box, London , 1896 engraved; “Tiffany et Co" as retailers, a model of a partridge, London, 1891, further struck with the makers’ mark AF/FP in a shield, four plique-a-jour spoons, London, 1891, maker’s mark of G.A. Scheid of Vienna, retailed by James Crichton & Co, goldsmiths of 47 George Street, Edinburgh and singing bird box, London 1911 probably of German manufacture.