The firm was founded in 1866 as Cooper Bros. In a directory of 1871, their address is given as 14½ High Street and they are described as manufacturers of electro-plated and nickel silver spoons and forks.
By 1876, the firm was in Bridge Street and in 1885 they purchased the Arundel Street works where they remained until 1983.
In 1895, the business became a limited liability company under the name of Cooper Brothers & Sons Ltd.
In 1983, the business was acquired by Frank Cobb & Co. Ltd.